The following are examples but are certainly not limited to triggers that will provide warning indicators that they or their family members may consider the placement of a family member in a LTC facility from an in home care setting.
- Increased stress and burnout, are you angry, short tempered, or resentful?
- Is your health beginning to suffer?
- Are you physically unable to provide care?
- Has there been an increase in medical, nursing, and rehabilitation needs to include respiratory, physical, speech, and occupational therapy?
- Have there been behavioral patterns to include combativeness or elopement risks?
- Is there difficulty managing incontinence?
- Has there been an increase in assistance to transfer from bed to chair?
- Has there been an increase in expenses related to providing care?
- Is safety becoming an issue?